Dyslexia... What is it?
Does your child have dyslexia?
Fall Conference November 3rd, 2018
Validly and reliably identify children with or at risk of dyslexia
With the new State of Washington Dyslexia bill (SB 6162), a spotlight has been put on the importance of identifying and serving children with dyslexia. In this presentation, Dr. Carol Connor will discuss ways to validly and reliably identify children with or at risk of dyslexia, including assessment and multi-tiers systems of support – also known as response to intervention (RTI). Early identification will also be discussed since prevention is more effective than remediation. Once children have been identified, evidence-based interventions can prevent the most serious symptoms of dyslexia. This presentation will then discuss the kinds of interventions that can improve children’s reading skills including phonological awareness, language and comprehension.
$15 Non- IDA Members
$10 IDA Members
No pre-registration required
Your membership in our national organization
- The International Dyslexia Association -
has many advantages:
- Scholarships offered to conferences and course trainings
- Discounts to all-day conferences
- Opportunity to be listed in the referrals section of the WABIDA website
- All benefits offered by IDA:
- mailed copies of IDA Magazine "Perspectives"
- Annals of Dyslexia online
- Complete member access to IDA website
Join Today! Together we can make a difference.
Your donation can make a difference NOW!
- $60 funds a parent's attendance for a year of seminars, helping them to understand their child with learning difficulties;
- $125 funds an educator or professional's attendance at a full day conference learning how to better reach the children they work with who are struggling.
Your contribution today makes this a reality.