Wednesday May 11, 2016
7:00pm - 8:15pm
The Text Effect: Reading and Writing Integration for 4th-8th Grade LD Writers
Featuring: Nicole Swedberg
21705 58th AVE W
Mountlake Terrace WA 98043
In a similar presentation to Nicole’s Quick Writes talk last May but with new material, Nicole will share vignettes from her day-to-day teaching of fourth through eighth grade LD writers. Nicole will emphasize three strategies for reading and writing integration as a way to bring rich language into students' writing and foster the desire to engage with the page.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR THE 2016 EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOP!
JOIN US for …The 2016 Educational Workshop scheduled for Saturday, April 23 - from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. We will discuss tools that target individual student needs and appropriate instruction. Clock hours and continuing education units will be available for this event.
The Educational Workshop will focus on gathering the appropriate tools in your assessment toolbox . . . resulting in providing you tools that target individual student needs and appropriate instruction. Through interactive presentations you will determine:
The type of assessments that SHOULD be included in your toolbox and the difference between them
- How to interpret assessments
- How performance can change over time
- How to communicate assessment results to parents and students
- How to use data to summarize strengths and weaknesses
- How assessments can inform your instruction
Your membership in our national organization
- The International Dyslexia Association -
has many advantages:
- Scholarships offered to conferences and course trainings
- Discounts to all-day conferences
- Opportunity to be listed in the referrals section of the WABIDA website
- All benefits offered by IDA:
- mailed copies of IDA Magazine "Perspectives"
- Annals of Dyslexia online
- Complete member access to IDA website
Join Today! Together we can make a difference.
Your donation can make a difference NOW!
- $60 funds a parent's attendance for a year of seminars, helping them to understand their child with learning difficulties;
- $125 funds an educator or professional's attendance at a full day conference learning how to better reach the children they work with who are struggling.
Your contribution today makes this a reality.